By: Sam Liegner
These cookies are fun for the holiday season and are absolutely adorable. They are great for gift giving or even putting the dry ingredients all in a mason jar by layer and designing a little recipe tag to give to friends or family.
3 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted either work)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup and 1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
Packet of hot cocoa mix (optional)
- In a smaller bowl melt the butter and chocolate chips until smooth and set aside to cool
- In a separate bowl mix the brown sugar, egg and vanilla together. Once the chocolate mixture is cooled mix with the wets.
- In another bowl mix all your dry ingredients and add into the wet ingredients 1 cup at time.
- Once all mixed together cover your bowl with saran wrap and let it chill for 30 minutes
- While waiting preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease your pans
- When the dough is chilled scoop and roll balls about 1 inch
- Bake the cookies for 7 minutes, when that's done remove the tray from the oven and place 1 chocolate chip in center (optional) and then place one mini marshmallow in the center. Place cookies back in the oven and let them bake for another 4 minutes
- When the cookies are warm sprinkle some hot cocoa powder on top for more taste and more design